Round 3 was another fiercely fought round of the Wing Challenge, with 6 competitors fighting it out for a place in the Grand Final. With Nate Dizzle, Grant “Lord of the Wings” Daniel, and Colin “The Conqueror” MacLaurin back again to try for a place in the final, would they be able to beat the other 3 contestants and make it through?
The contestants were introduced, they were seated. Little did the know the pain that was about to ensue. With only seconds remaining before the competition start time, Cameron Jukes arrives!
The start was even, with Nate Dizzle seeming to struggle with the first few wings. He wasn’t prepared for the pain that was round 3, as these wings were seriously hot.
Colin “The Conqueror” seemed to pull away to an early lead, with the rest of the field close behind. It was difficult to figure out who was leading, each of the eaters seemingly destroying wings at an equal pace.
As time progressed, Nate Dizzle began to heave violently. Supported passionately by a blonde member of the crowd, he was still unfortunately unable to cope with the heat and volume of the wings, and soon retired to the garden to help ease the pain. He was disqualified for a second time this year for reversing.
After 12 minutes of a closely fought battle, the results were tallied and the winners decided
First Place: Colin “The Conqueror” MacLaurin – 29 wings, winning $100 bar tab and a bottle of Single Barrel Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
Second Place: Cameron “latearama” Jukes – 26 wings, winning a $50 bar tab
Third Place: A tie, with Anthony “Hot Sizzle” Suchich and “Slammin'” Sam Morrison, 25 wings, each winning a $25 bar tab.
Subscribe to our mailing list at the bottom of this page. Yardbird Ale House in association with CompetitiveEating.com.au and SupersizedMeals.com will be presenting the Grand Final in December, so stay tuned!
It’s on again folks, the third and final qualifying round of the Yardbird Ale House Death Sentence Wing Challenge. The top 3 finishers automatically qualify for the end of year final, and the chance to be crowned the undisputed 2012 Yardbird Ale House Death Sentence Wing Champion!
Yardbird Ale House, in association with CompetitiveEating.com.au and SupersizedMeals.com are proud to present the third “Yardbird Ale House Death Sentence Wing Challenge”. Are you man enough to eat as many Death Sentence wings as possible in 12 minutes?
Yardbird Ale House
6/24 Martin Street
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
Date and time:
Saturday 28 July 2012
Competition starts 7pm sharp
- First prize either a $100 bar tab at Yardbird Ale House or a $100 tattoo voucher from 198 Tattoo, as well as a bottle of Single Barrel Jack Daniel’s Whiskey.
- Second prize is either a $50 bar tab at Yardbird Ale House or a $50 tattoo voucher from 198 Tattoo
- Third Prize is a $25 bar tab at Yardbird Ale House
- Contestants have 12 minutes to eat as many of Yardbird Ale House’s “Death Sentence Wings” as possible.
- Liquids can be consumed as part of the competition, and can only be supplied by the Yardbird Ale House. No dairy.
- Contestants must not leave the table at any time during the competition. Those who do will instantly be disqualified
- Contestants who have a “reversal” are instantly disqualified. A reversal will be determined by the head judge with no further discussion entered into. The judges decision is final.
- “Chipmunking” is permitted. At the end of the 12 minutes, what goes in and stays in counts, so long as it’s consumed within 2 minutes after the 12 minutes has elapsed. Failure to finish will result in a 3 wing penalty.
How to enter:
Contestants must qualify and register by Tuesday 24 July 2012. Entry fee is $20 and must be paid prior to the event. For more details, email email@example.com, visit the Yardbird Ale House facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/YardbirdAleHouse or leave a comment below this article.