“Big Willi” is Australia’s largest burrito. Weighing in at 2.5kg’s, the origins of its name stem from the founder of Taco Bill, “Bill Chilcote”. In 2010, to honour Bill’s legacy, the directors of the company decided to name this worthy challenge after him.
At first, many athletic customers from a range of sporting codes came to try and beat the beast. Over time competition grew, and before too long the challenge wasn’t just who could finish it, but who could finish it the fastest. This culminated into a year long fundraising drive for the Prostate Cancer Society in 2012, with Hungry Haydo winning the grand final with an unbeaten-to-this-day time of 8 minutes 45 seconds.
September 6, 2014 will mark the re-launch of this worthy challenge, and the pursuit of who will be Australia’s fastest “Big Willi” burrito eater!
- 2020 Meatstock A&E Sausage Sizzle Throwdown Melbourne (deferred)Melbourne Showgrounds, Epsom Road, Ascot Vale VIC, Australia
- Niji Sushi Challenge 10 ResultsNiji Sushi Bar, Anzac Parade, Kingsford NSW, Australia
- Newcastle Show Eating Competition 20201A Curley Road, Broadmeadow NSW, Australia
- Meatstock Pork Ribs Throwdown New Zealand 2020 ResultsASB Showgrounds Green Lane West, Epsom, Auckland, New Zealand
- OMC BIG MOUTH BURGER CHALLENGE2/11 Rodeo Road, Gregory Hills NSW, Australia
- The Duke of York “Super Not Fun Hot Wing Challenge”
- 82 Currie Street, Adelaide SA, Australia
- Pier Hotel Botany 1kg Black Angus Tomahawk Challenge
- Pier Hotel, Botany Road, Banksmeadow, New South Wales, Australia
- Southern Cross Tavern 2kg Heart Attack Burger Challenge
- The Bottle-O - Railway Tavern, Sirius Street, Southern Cross, Western Australia, Australia
- Hahndorf 1 Metre Bratwurst 1 Litre Stein Challenge
- Hahndorf Inn, Hahndorf, South Australia, Australia