Billy first started his obsession with competitive eating back in 2005, when he started the web site http://www.supersizedmeals.com. After blogging about numerous competitive eating events all over the world, he finally entered his first event in November 2008, becoming the Hooters Australia Ultimate Chicken Wing Eating champion, beating entrants from the Gold Coast, Cronulla and Paramatta.
With the sport still in its infancy, it was some years before another national competitive eating event occurred. In May 2010, while meeting one of his competitive eating role models, he entered the 7-11 National Sports Slurping Competition and won the event, drinking a large slurpee in 15 seconds. He has since defended his title, being flown down to Melbourne in 2011, and appeared on channel 10’s “Toasted TV” drinking a large slurpee in 10 seconds.
Billy continues to remain in the competitive eating scene, focusing more on the organisation and MC’ing of events, as well as the promotion of the sport nationally.
- 1st place in the 2008 Hooters Ultimate Chicken Wing Eating Championship
- 1st place in the 2010 7-Eleven National Sports Slurping Championship
- 1st place in the 2011 7-Eleven Sports Slurping “BYO Cup Day” promotion, Melbourne
- 1st place in the 2012 Royal Exchange Eating Competition “Slurpee” Team event, with Daniel Mercer, Colin MacLaurin
- 3rd place in the 2012 Royal Exchange Eating Competition “Grand Final” Team event
- Completed “The Park Road Challenge”, 1kg rump steak
- Completed “The Big Shank”, a 2.5kg beef shank at SSS BBQ Barns
- Completed “The Webcke Rump”, a 1.7kg Rump Steak at the Royal Hotel, Leyburn