Daniel’s first foray into competitive eating was in 2011, when upon realising he could have unlimited pancakes for the price of one plate, he entered and won the Pancake Manor Pancake Eating Competition. Winning the competition, and beating the current record, he soon realised his potential and started pursuing his new found passion of competitive eating.
Since then, Daniel has won almost every competitive eating event he has entered, with some of his titles including
- Winner of the 2011 Pancake Manor Annual Pancake Eating Competition
- Completed the Slice Pizza Mega Pizza Challenge (36 inch, 2 people, 30 minutes, $50 cash prize) with Colin MacLaurin
- Winner of the 2012 Pancake Manor Annual Pancake Eating Competition
- Winner of the 2012 Piefection Chilli Pie Eating Competition
- Completed the Ramen challenge – Comache (sic?) Japanese Restaurant ($100 gift voucher)
- Completed the Austrian Schnitzel Haus Schnitzel Challenge – Total weight approx. 3kg – 2kg schnitzel, 0.5kg chips, red cabbage salad, 1 litre of beer (won t-shirt and free meal) in 12 minutes (record time)
- Winner of the 2012 Metromania pizza challenge
- Winer of the 2012 Lone Pine Tavern Chilli con carne challenge
- Winner of the 2012 Off the Wall Diner World’s Hottest Burger eating competition
- Completed the Killer cage grill challenge – 30cm 1.5kg burger, 0.5kg chips, 1.25l pepsi, 1 litre ice cream – 18 minutes – prize t-shirt
- Ate 150 Gyozas in 10 minutes (DIY home challenge, Crez house)
- Winner of the 2013 Pancake Manor Annual Pancake Eating Competition, eating 28 pancakes in 1 hour
He was recently awarded the runner up prize for the world amateur competitive eater on eatfeats.com.
Winning over $7,000 in cash and prizes in 2012, Daniel is now reported to be taking it to the next level, and looking at competing in the USA pro circuit!