Check out the article written here, http://www.news.com.au/…1226652380357
“IT’S man versus food and only one gutsy diner has been able to devour all 1.6kg of the ultimate burger challenge.
The Phat Bastard Challenge is 900g of wagyu beef, six slices of cheese, 200g of pork, eight rashers of bacon and eight onion rings on a homemade bun topped with special sauce, coleslaw, tomato and lettuce.
The monster burger is about 9000kj, almost the total daily recommended dietary intake for a male, and would take eight-plus hours of running, walking or swimming to burn.
It is the only food challenge of its kind on the Sunshine Coast and if a challenger can finish it and a small serve of chips, without being sick or leaving the table, they receive a $50 cafe voucher and a place in the Phat Bastard Finals to be held later this year.
The mammoth $32 burger is the brainchild of Longboards Laidback Eatery and Bar owner Justin Allie and head chef, Laurence Bowers.
“From 30 attempts only one guy has finished it all and he was only 85kg, so anyone can do it,” said Mr Allie.”
Click here to read how Gold Coast Bulletin reporter Milena Stojceska took on the Phat Bastard Challenge.
- 2020 Meatstock A&E Sausage Sizzle Throwdown Melbourne (deferred)Melbourne Showgrounds, Epsom Road, Ascot Vale VIC, Australia
- Niji Sushi Challenge 10 ResultsNiji Sushi Bar, Anzac Parade, Kingsford NSW, Australia
- Newcastle Show Eating Competition 20201A Curley Road, Broadmeadow NSW, Australia
- Meatstock Pork Ribs Throwdown New Zealand 2020 ResultsASB Showgrounds Green Lane West, Epsom, Auckland, New Zealand
- OMC BIG MOUTH BURGER CHALLENGE2/11 Rodeo Road, Gregory Hills NSW, Australia
- The Duke of York “Super Not Fun Hot Wing Challenge”
- 82 Currie Street, Adelaide SA, Australia
- Pier Hotel Botany 1kg Black Angus Tomahawk Challenge
- Pier Hotel, Botany Road, Banksmeadow, New South Wales, Australia
- Southern Cross Tavern 2kg Heart Attack Burger Challenge
- The Bottle-O - Railway Tavern, Sirius Street, Southern Cross, Western Australia, Australia
- Hahndorf 1 Metre Bratwurst 1 Litre Stein Challenge
- Hahndorf Inn, Hahndorf, South Australia, Australia